Like to be an Au pair in Iceland?
Where you live and what you gain?
You will live with an Icelandic family, taking care of young children and the household. It is an opportunity to learn about Icelanders, their culture and language, explore the landscape, and at the same time develop relationships that will last a lifetime.
What about all that other stuff?
- Pocket money is ca. €110 per week (15.000 ISK).
- Private bedroom and meals each day.
- Work hours are 30 hours per week, approximately 6 hours per day.
- Two free days per week. At least one full weekend off each month.
- Some more hours or overtime might be needed and is paid extra.
- After 6 months stay with the same host family the flight ticket one way is reimbursed (max. 35.000 ISK), and both ways after 12 months (to/from Iceland).
- Health, travel and liability insurance arranged and paid by the host family if not possible to bring the European card or the form E-104.
- The duration is usually 6 to 12 months. Occasionally families need Au pair for shorter periods e.g. during summer school holiday.
- Possibility to attend a language course.
- Age limit 18 to 30 years old (18-25 years outside of Europe)
- Experience with childcare is a must.
- English knowledge is required.
- Driving license is normally required.
When to apply?
Ninukot accepts applications for Au Pair positions on a continual basis.
What au pairs say:
I had the time of my life in Iceland and I'm so happy that Ninukot made this possible! Iceland is on my mind constantly, I've made unforgettable memories and I can't wait to come back to visit my family and improve my icelandic skills:)
Being an Au Pair is one of the best experiences you can make in life! You learn a lot about the culture and how other families live. I met some new friends all over the world and got better in communicate with others. Au Pair life teaches you to do things all by yourself and helps you to understand the adulthood more!