In general your responsibilities include:
- Be loving and responsible child minder.
- Keep the children safe at all times.
- Feed, bathe, and play with the children.
- Light housework and especially related to the children (preparing children’s meals, doing children’s laundry, making children’s beds, cleaning their bedrooms etc.).
- Act as a member of the family, helping with tasks (setting the table for a meal, helping with dishes, etc.) around the house.
- Act with common courtesy and keep your room clean, do your own laundry, and wash your dishes.
You might also take them to school/kindergarten or accompany them to various after-school activities and assist with homework.
Your host family will set up a weekly timetable with you. Nevertheless, there may occur alterations. So please be flexible and understanding. Your hostfamily will appreciate it and will also accommodate your needs and wishes, if possible.