You wish to work in hospitality!
You will work in country hotels or holiday farms in some of the best known tourist locations in Iceland. The work is truly international with guests from all around the world, making each day like a meeting at the United Nations. Most jobs are in housekeeping, catering, kitchen i.e. both assistants and chefs and in reception, but it can also be variety of work duties because the work places are often too small for specializing in one department only.
What about the other stuff!
- The pay is minimum 287.417 ISK per month (€1989) plus 10,17% vacation pay * before taxes. 33% add on day hour payment after 17:00 – 24.00, weekdays, 45% add on weekends, and night shifts.
- Room and board is often provided at 1900 ISK, ca. 14 euros per day. In some cases a room is offered for a fair rent in a staff house, and workers buy and prepare their own meals.
- The duration usually offered can range from 6 – 12 months, in some cases, depending on season, are openings for 3-6 months work period.
- Prior work experience is very much asked for in the field applied for, but not always necessary. Interest in hospitality and be service minded is a must.
- Good verbal English skill is a must B2, C1 or C2 or Skandinavian.
- Driving license is usually required.
- Most job opportunities are in spring and summertime, but applications are accepted on continual basis.
- Please note! Only EEA citizens (citizens from EU and EFTA countries and Switzerland) are eligible to apply for work through Ninukot.
I am very fine and the employers are so lovely and friendly. Their family house is really nice and I am really cared of. The job itself is amazing 🙂 I like and enjoy it.